Thursday, August 16, 2012

MIA

I know, I know. I've been gone. We had a death in our family, so I was out of town all weekend, and now I'm back home & in the swing of things!

It was a perfect weekend. I drove out Thursday, & Hubby was able to arrive late that evening and then we departed Sunday/Monday. We were able to spend a lot of time with our family & friends, and able to all celebrate the life of sweet Tina together on Friday. Really, really nice.

Also, we'll be moving sometime within the next 6 weeks (location TBD), so I've been busy trying to take everything out of their hiding places, organize it all & pack! I've also been debating about doing a yard sale & try to clear out a bunch of it before we move. Hmm... Let me tell you. This is FUN STUFF.

Oh, and missing Hubby like crazy :) He was able to make it to Tina's funeral over the weekend, and I couldn't thank God enough for his class teachers and their kindness! & of course, it was so nice to see him! I really try to stay in the mindset of 'he could leave any moment' so that I don't take our time together for granted. But, I guess a nice little refresher course of it all does a relationship good [[...I really hate to fuss about it since I have dear friends whose husbands are gone for nearly a year, or never coming home again at all]].

Can you believe it - it has been 4 weeks since I've been to the beach. Every time I step outside, I swear I can hear my skin screaming 'ahhh, sun! Do. Not. Move!' and just reaching towards the sun. So if you happen to experience that, don't be alarmed. I am planning on packing up my car as soon as I finish this post & driving straight towards the sand & water.

That said, I do believe it's time to high-tail it out of here! The next four weeks will be kinda crazy, so if I seem MIA again, you are now well warned! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment