Thursday, January 3, 2013

Where Did the Time Go?

Has it really been almost three months since I've been on here? It doesn't seem that long! Ok, let's see: update time!

-Hubby moved to VA to his new duty station, I stayed in NC til a house became available
(1 month later)
-We found a house (3rd times the charm)!
-We put an offer & it was accepted.
-30 days later we were at settlement.
-2 days later we moved in

We LOVE our house. It is absolutely perfect, and there's very few things we would change about it! It's so us, and fits our needs to a T. We live in a nice community, a lot more houses than we're used to, but it's quiet. We are 5 minutes from anything we need, and 10 minutes from anything you could want. I've never lived in such a convenient place! Where I grew up, it was a good 15 minute drive just to Walmart, and here I have two within 5-7 minutes.

I was absolutely dreading moving here. I fought against it with every fiber of my being. I cried myself to sleep over it once we found out, and I just couldn't imagine living in Virginia. The dreaded of all states, my last choice, basically in my mind: we might as well be living in Idaho. There was not a single thing I look forward to about it, besides being back with my husband again. And now we're here. And it's great!

It's taken a while, and I'm still not 100% there yet, to get used to the busyness. It doesn't feel as over-crowded as our place in NC was, but it's busy - all the time. On the other hand, it is so convenient and there is SO much to do. The nerd inside me rejoices at all the historical things available for my discovery, and all within 15 minutes of our home.

Oh and we got a kitten. She awesome, and her and Skeeter & Lincoln are the best of friends. Her name is Tuli, and she's a sphynx! Here she is helping me blog :)
All right, I think that's it! You are up to date, cyberspace, and hopefully I'll be able to stay caught up a little better now that things are quiet again. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment