Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday Weekend!

As you might have noticed, I will be scarce when the weekends come around, unless Hubby is gone. But he's back to work, which means I'm back to blogging!

What a weekend we had! Even though it's nearly 2 weeks premature, we decided to spend this past weekend celebrating Hubby's birthday since he'll be leaving for 6 weeks and will be missing his birthday this year. We had a great time making experimental dinners, going out, shopping, opening gifts, and then spending Sunday afternoon in Wilmington. We went and visited the USS North Carolina - and if you haven't been, you must! It really was so great! And HUGE! We spent a few hours there, and then went to find a restaurant for lunch and came across P.T's Old Fashioned Grille. What a great experience & great food! On our way home, we took a right towards the water and ended up on Topsail/Surf City and discovered a little bakery-shop & got a cookie.







 


It was a fantastic weekend!!! Today it's back to being miserable & dreary so I've been cooking & baking, two of my favorite things to do. Tomato Basil Soup & Mama's Dinner Rolls are what's for dinner! I wish you could all smell my house--between the soup in the crock pot & rolls fresh out of the oven....heavenly!



And we can't forget the Olympics! Am I the only one who was extremely disappointed by the Opening Ceremony?? I found it so hard to follow, and so odd. I'm sure if I were an England-native it would have made perfect sense. But for me, it wasn't a hit. I really didn't enjoy it, although I watched the entire thing hoping it would get better.
Now as far as the Olympics go - I'm a HUGE fan! I've been watching it every spare minute I have, and enjoying every second of it! Go Team USA! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment