Monday, July 23, 2012

Genius!

See these three things (+baking soda)? I cleaned my entire home with them over this past weekend. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't try it myself - but it was great! I seriously was dumb-founded at some of the things it cleaned!


Firstly, I wanted to tackle our shower. I hate Hate HATE cleaning the shower. And after 6 weeks of back and forth traveling, it was looking quite neglected. So, I followed a Pinterest post and tried my hand at a few home remedies!
My Complete Bathroom Cleaner:
1/2C. Hot White Vinegar (microwaved for a minute)
1/2C. Blue Dawn Dish Soap

Pour in a squirt bottle, mix gently, apply to surface - an hour later remove with wet cloth and done! It was almost magical! I'm obsessed. I used it in the shower, on the counters, on the floor... the only thing that was a slight downer was that it suds. A lot. So either, be able to rinse with water (shower), or wipe down with other clean wet rag (floors). But it cut all the soap scum & hairspray, so in my book: it's a WIN!

I also used:
  • Hydrogen Peroxide & Baking Soda to remove a doggy-vomit/bile stain from my carpet.
  • Vinegar/Dawn/Baking Soda mix to sanitize our loofahs
  • Vinegar/Lemon Slices ice cubes to clean garbage disposal (super easy! Slice a lemon, pop in empty ice cube tray, fill with vinegar, freeze!)
I have to say, I had a honest-to-goodness FUN weekend. I was skeptical that any of these tricks would work, and they all did! Stay tuned for my next experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment